PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY THE FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCE
- Diploma in Pharmacy - KPI/IPS(KA 9810)05/14
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology-KPI/IPS(R/725/4/0015) 05/17
- Diploma in Environmental Health-KPI/IPS(KA 11423) 10/15
- Diploma in Physiotherapy-KPI/IPS (KA 8866) 11/13
- Diploma in Nursing-KPI/IPS (KA 9115)06/13
- Diploma in Medical Imaging-KPI/IPS (KA 11218) 11/15
Minimum Entry Requirement
- SPM/SPMV/O-Level (3credits) in any subjects or orther
- UEC with at least Grade B on 3 subjects inclusive of 1 science subject
- For occupational therapy programme , a credit in science and A pass in mathematics , Basha malayshiya and english is required
- For medical laboratory technology (MLT)programe , a credit in mathematics and science and A pass in basha malaysia and english is required or pass UEC with 1B and minimum ‘C’ for science ,mathematics, Basha malaysiya and English.
- For pharmacy programme , a credit in mathematics ,science and english is required.
- For physiotherapy programme , a credit in science or sport science and english is required
- For Nursing programme , 5 credits inclusive of mathematics and science, A pass in Basha malaysia and english is required.
CAREER PROSPECTS IN NURSING
Pharmacy assistants can work in public or private hospital pharmacies,private pharmacies ,universities and research institutes.Graduates may also pursue higher education in medical science, Biomedicine, bio technology or bioinformatics
CAREER PROSPECTS IN MEDICAL LABORATARY TECHNOLOGY
Medical laboratory technologists can work in public or private hospital laboratories , public health laboratories , universities and research institutions.
CAREER PROSPECTS IN ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
Environmental health graduates are in great demand in both public & private sectors. There are employed in various government ministries such as ministry of health, Ministry of natural resources and environment , Ministry of housing & local authorities. Graduates can also build their careers in health related services providers such as indah water, Alarm flora , and water companies. In the private sector , they are being recruited as Hygiene or health and safety officers in building and construction industry , chemicals , food manufacturing and other related industries.
CAREER PROSPECTS OCCUPATIONAL THEARAPY
Occupational Therapists are consistently in high demand especially in government & private hospitals health clinics, day care centers geriatric centers and special children care centers .Graduates can pursue higher education in their same field or take up medical science ,biomedicine biotechnology or Rehabilitation Management.
CAREER PROSPECTS IN PHYSIOTHERAPY
Nurses can specialized in various fields such as medical and surgical ,midwifery paediatric, cardiothoracic, orthopaedic ,ophthalmology,geriatric ,public health and many more. Nurses with a diploma can study for a degree,masters or PhD locally or abroad. The demand for professionally nurses high in most parts of the world. At least 130,000 nurses needed to be trained by the year 2020 to meet the WHO ‘s nurse to- patient ratio of 1:200 .
CAREER PROSPECTS IN MEDICAL IMAGING
Upon completion of this programme ,graduates can work as a diagnostic radiographer in public or private hospitals .