PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY THE FACULTY OF LANGUAGES COMMUNICATION
University CORE /MOHE Compulsory Subjects
- Diploma in journalism-KPT/JPS(KA9510) 04/14
- Diploma in public relations-KPT/JPS (KA 10355)11/14
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- SPM (with 3 credit in any subjects )
- Unified examination certificate (UEC ) with at least Grade B
in 3 subjects inclusive of 1 science subject
- Other qualifications approved by the Ministry of higher education (MOHE)
CAREER PROSPECTS IN JOURNALISM
Job opportunities await a student in the print and electronic media as a journalist, editor,reporter crime and court reporter , broadcast journalist ,news editor , sub – editor , content writer , news anchor ,feature writer , creative writer and media relations executive .
CAREER PROSPECTS IN PUBLIC RELATIONS
Graduates can find the employment in the marketing and public relation sector as a public relation executive , corporate /marketing communications executive , media relations or community relations executive , media planner , event coordinator government relations and public affairs officer , writer , journalist , newscaster and other career opportunities that require a grounding in the principles and practices of public relations.